Friday 27 September 2013

Top 50 of 2012: No.8: Enter Shikari - A Flash Flood Of Colour (Ambush Reality)




I’ve always held a grudge against Enter Shikari, back in the day I saw the tail-end of their set on the Thursday night at Leeds Festival 2006 and some dickhead in the crowd jumped and landed on my ankle, putting me on crutches for the whole festival and making me miss half the first day, I blamed Enter Shikari for this completely. Because of said hatred I always avoided their music and branded them wankers, then last year I decided to finally subscribe to Rock Sound (one of the few rock music publications worth reading these days) and I got this album free, hesitantly I decided to listen to it. Okay so maybe I was wrong not listen to their music over my grievance, because A Flash Flood Of Colour is one hell of an album, an album that sounds like it was pure fun to make, with some studio banter thrown in for good measure, plus one of the best intro’s to any album ever. I’ve read stuff saying the album isn’t political but there seems to be a good few rants here and there. Not only have I managed to finally listen to this band but I’ve got another band to look forward to the next release of, still blame them for the ankle though, wankers!!!

9.5/10

Buy here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Flash-Flood-Colour-Enter-Shikari/dp/B005UQO122/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1380284834&sr=1-1&keywords=enter+shikari

No comments: