Friday 27 September 2013

Top 50 of 2012: No.9: Dinosaur Jr. - I Bet On Sky (Jagjaguwar)




Some bands can just be reliable, as with Dinosaur Jr., you know they aren’t going to release a crap album, even at their worst, they’re still tons better than your regular band. However don’t believe for a second that J.Mascis and co. are playing it safe, I Bet On Sky equals and at times surpasses songs from their heyday, lead single ‘Watch the Corners’ especially, showcasing the thick guitar and laid back croon the band have always been famed for. 28 years as a band on and off and they still write and play with the same passion heard on their self-titled debut in 1985, maybe I’m being cynical but there aren’t too many bands around now that I can imagine being around this far down the line still releasing relevant music, and it makes me a little sad. It’s hard to write anything new about Dinosaur Jr., if you know their music you know you need this.

9/10

Buy here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/I-Bet-Sky-Dinosaur-Jr/dp/B008HN05HK/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1380285055&sr=1-1&keywords=dinosaur+jr

No comments: